have u ever had a depersonalization moment
when you look at yourself in the mirror and think wow this person is me and i have this body and this life and everything feels so strange ???? why i am me and not someone else
God bless Adventure Time
Made some Amaretto soaked cherries in white chocolate today with my roommate.
You can never be bored when you have food to cook.
(recipe was taken from here: http://formalfringe.com/2011/12/20/amaretto-soaked-white-chocolate-cherries/ )
‘It’s not a party, It is a gathering of like-minded individuals.’
‘Shut up, Alex. You’re not a philosopher.’
I really miss Ned Stark.
This is what happens when I rewatch game of thrones from the beginning.
I don’t know what’s happening in my kitchen sink, all I know if that my roommate has not stuck to our fuckin agreement of I do the cooking, and he does the fuckin dishes. Especially before going away for a whole weekend.
Everything is so fuckin gross.
- 12-year-old girl: I don't want kids when I grow up.
- Society: You'll change your mind when you get older. You're only 12. You're too young to know what you want.
- 16-year-old girl: I'm pregnant.
- Society: How could you be so stupid? Do you know anything about safe sex? You should be ashamed.
- 20-year-old woman: I'm a single mother with an infant son.
- Society: You should've gone to college first. You need a stable career before you can support a child.
- 33-year-old woman: I'm married and my spouse and I both have stable careers. I have two young daughters now.
- Society: You're not staying home? Who's going to take care of them? You're just going to put them in day care while you work? That's selfish of you. You can't expect to raise decent kids with a full-time job.
- 45-year-old woman: I just had my first child.
- Society: Why would you have a child when you're that old? Do you realize the health risks of being pregnant at your age? When your kid is a teenager you'll be a senior citizen. That's inconsiderate of you.
- 60-year-old woman: I haven't had any children.
- Society: Your life must be so unfulfilling. Is there something wrong with you? Why didn't you want kids? How strange.
Indeed, the idea of ‘winning the girl’ – of overcoming female objections or resistance through repeated and frequently escalating efforts – is central to most of our modern romantic narratives. (Female persistence, by contrast, is viewed as pathetic.) And the more I think about instances of creepiness, harassment and stalking that culminate in either the threat or actuality of sexual assault, the more I’m convinced that a massive part of the problem is this socially sanctioned idea that men are fundamentally entitled to persist. Because if men are meant to persist, then women who say no must only be rejecting the attempt, not the man himself, so that every separate attempt becomes one of a potentially infinite number of keys which might just fit the lock of the woman’s approval. She’s not the one who’s allowed to say no, not really; she should be silent and passive as a locked door, waiting patiently while the man runs through however many keys he can be bothered trying. And if he gets sick of this lengthy process and just breaks in? Well, frustration under those circumstances is only natural. Either the door shouldn’t have been there to impede him, or it shouldn’t have been locked.
I really need to sleep, but my brain is hyperactive and won’t fuckin cooperate with my body.